[ELDK] Linux DWC OTG Driver - Host mode

Mark Malopy mark.malopy at onrampwireless.com
Wed Mar 31 20:55:25 CEST 2010

Hi Felix/Stefan,

I did try what you suggested (i.e., forcing the Host Mode regardless of the CurMod bit setting). The USB transceiver just sits there with no bus activity afterwards regardless if a device is present on the bus or not. My guess is that whatever condition is causing the ISP1507D to report a Vbus State of 0x10 is also preventing the transceiver from operating properly.

It should be mentioned that on our platform, which is based on Kilauea, the bus uses an external 5Volt Vbus source - the Vbus/Fault pin is configured as a current fault detector which can be configured to correctly program the Vbus State. But to do this, the OTG core should be setting the Indicator PassThru field in the Interface Control Register to '1' - I'd thought there would be a straightforward method of programming this in the Synopsys Core. Once I figure out how to get the Interface Control Register fields to behave, I might make some headway on this transceiver (hopefully)...

Thanks for the suggestion...

Mark Malopy