[ELDK] Update ELDK

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 11 11:03:22 CEST 2010

Dear yel_yahc,

In message <347eeffb4713cb96c0407e5fca420c08 at etud.insa-toulouse.fr> you wrote:

> My problem is, I'm working with ELDK-4.2 on ubuntu 9.04, the compilation
> and all configuration of ELDK-4.2 was did with a kernel-2.6.24, but me I
> download a kernel-2.6.32 so to update all packages with this new kernel the
> are a solution? I think all binaries on ELDK's root filesystem are did with
> kernel-2.6.24, and I use RFSB so this one take also the configuration of
> 2.6.24;;

What makes you think you would have to update any packages, just
because you want to use a more recent kernel tree than the one
included with the ELDK?

This is not needed. We work with many different kernel versions,
including top of tree, and so far there has never been a need to
update or rebuild any packages because of this.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A star captain's most solemn oath is that he will give his life, even
his entire crew, rather than violate the Prime Directive.
	-- Kirk, "The Omega Glory", stardate unknown