[ELDK] R: Resource temporarily unavailable

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Thu Nov 11 19:42:36 CET 2010

On 11/11/2010 06:23 PM, Luigi Rizzi wrote:

> Dear Wolfgang,
>
> on the original STK board SSC2 is used for the communication with the
> Ethernet Interface, so signals TXD2,RXD2,RTS2,CTS2,CS are connected to
> LXT905LE.
> On my carrier board I connected TXD2, RXD2 and RTSD2 to the RS485 driver,
> and leave unconnected the others.

If you use RTSD2, you should also use CTS, or at least do not program
the SCC to use handshaking. Check if CONFIG_PORT_RTS2_NONE is set, and
disable all control signals in your kernel configuration. The SCC waits
for the CTS line cleared by the modem, and it does not try to send
character if it does not see the answer from modem.

> The version I'm using is the one supplied by the module constructor (TQ) and
> actually I don’t know how long it should take to jump at these new
> versions...

This is a difficult question...it depends on a lot of factors, from your
level of expertise, and if the board is supported by recent kernels, and
what you did on 2.4 kernel to allow the kernel to boot. However, TQ
modules are supported in 2.6.x kernel.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de