[ELDK] MC852T upgrade

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri Nov 12 15:17:18 CET 2010

Hi Levend,

> We have some products based on MPC852T. But we have a plan of
> developing a better cpu board.
> Hardware team choosed two alternatives. 8313 and 8308. Are these cpus
> have ELDK support for 2.4 kernel ?

They do not need any "special support" in ELDK.  Both can be used with
the ppc_6xx ELDK 4.2 toolchain just fine.

As for Linux, you will want to use Linux 2.6 and yes, latest kernel
sources have support for those CPUs.

Please note that the CPUs actually are _not_ as similar as the numbers
suggest.  For example the DMA controller in the 8308 is comparable to
the 5121 and not to the 8313 one...

<marketing>
Actually the 8308 support for mainline was one of our projects.  So when
you find that you need commercial support, don't hesitate to ask ;)
</marketing>

Cheers
  Detlev

--
five monkeys, two typewriters, ten minutes