[ELDK] ELDK 5.1 released

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Fri Dec 16 09:40:30 CET 2011

On 15/12/2011 22:14, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Stefano Babic,
>
> In message <4EE9FA21.3040508 at denx.de> you wrote:
>>
>> A small bug in the documentation / install script. In documentation
>> there is still the -a <host arch> option.
>>
>> However, the -a option is removed from the script and if it is given,
>> the error "invalid option" is reported and the usage is printed.
>
> Hm... it appears you checked the code in the git repository?  Actually
> I made some fixes after the release (I decided this was no big problem
> as the installer has no influence on the actual images), and the
> script installed on the FTP server (and locally in /dist/eldk/5.1)
> was already the new version.

I get the install.sh fro the ISOs, but it is the same as the version
stored locally or on the FTP server. The script works without problems,
the really minor issue is due to the help output that confuses the user:

# /mnt/loop/install.sh -h

Usage: install.sh [-D] [-d <dir>] [-a <arch>] [-s <sdk_img> ] [-r
<rfs_img> ] [<target>]
       install.sh -l [<target>]
       install.sh -h
-D: Dry-run: display commands, but don't actually execute them.
-a: SDK host architecture Chose one of 'i686' or 'x86_64".
    Defaults to "i686".

The helps tells the user to pass the SDK host parameter, but "-a" does
not exist in the script (while getopts "Dd:hlr:s:" at line 149) and it
is not needed, because the script finds yourself the host system with
uname.

So passing the -a option stops the script and the same help is printed
again.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de