[ELDK] SNMP for ppc8xx w/very little flash

Eran Duchan pavius at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 22:26:21 CET 2011

For google posterity, I'm attaching a short blog post I wrote ("Compiling
Net-SNMP for Embedded Linux with
ELDK<http://www.pavius.net/2011/02/compiling-net-snmp-for-embedded-linux-using-the-eldk/>")
regarding
how to compile the latest net-snmp version (5.6.1) with the ELDK - it's easy
to compile and runs great. An agent supporting V2 and V3 with authentication
and encryption takes around ~1MB of flash with this
configuration.

I was able to recompile the version using the source RPMs, but opted to use
the latest version instead.

Thanks for the pointers
Eran