[ELDK] SNMP for ppc8xx w/very little flash

Eran Duchan pavius at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 01:31:22 CET 2011

Hi

I've ported u-boot and linux 2.6 to a custom ppc8xx based board and
everything runs fine. I am using a jffs2 image based on the SELF ramdisk,
and have about 1.5 megs of free space on this device.

I'd like to add an SNMP agent, supporting very few standard MIBs (core would
suffice). I understand that the eldk has an SNMP package, but for some
reason it seems to pull in a lot of libraries (librpm, for example?). In
addition, its MIB library is 2 megs so it's pretty much out of the question.

Therefore:
1) Am I right to assume that I can't use the SNMP package from the eldk in
my case?
2) Is my only course of action compiling net-snmp using eldk,
following the net-snmp
faq <http://www.net-snmp.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ:Compiling_04> regarding
reducing footprint?

Any pointers/tips appreciated.