[ELDK] ELDK issue with Valgrind........

Michael Steiger mslists at infoworks.at
Sun May 8 22:10:30 CEST 2011

On 08.05.2011 21:00 Wolfgang Denk said the following:
> Dear Michael Steiger,
>
> In message<4DC69185.4010308 at infoworks.at>  you wrote:
>>
>> The above mentioned mirror does not exist anymore and on the main ELDK
>
> Please use the main server, or any of the existing mirrors. The conent
> is supposed to be all the same.  In no way you will find any stuff on
> any of the mirrors that is not also available on the main server.
This was my next try.

>> server although there is a debug directory there are only glib-debuginfo
>> and glib2-debuginfo available, no glib2-debuginfo.
 >
> I don't get it.  What is the difference between glib2-debuginfo
> (available) and glib2-debuginfo (not available, according to you)?
Sorry, just a typo.
glib2-debuginfo ist available
The mentioned glibc-debuginfo ist not available.

>> I am not able to rebuild ELDK to create a new glibc (including debuginfo).
>
> Why not? What exactly is the problem?
My misunderstanding that I thought Fedora 7 is necessary to do that.
But after rereading the chapter about rebuilding components I now know
that I should only use the normale ELDK environment.
Will try to do that if I can not find the correct file.

>> Where can I find the correct glibc-debuginfo to enable valgrind?
>
> See above.  The FTP server should have the needed debug RPMs.
Then please tell me the exact path of the glibc-debuginfo which contains
the ld.so debuginfo file.
I was assuming that this debuginfo file must be available because of the
statement about that mirror which does not exist anymore.

Thanks
Michael