[ELDK] UART 1 BSP for Katmai board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon May 23 08:08:53 CEST 2011

Dear Muhammad Waseem,

In message <BANLkTi=gKJUcTGTT80VQc0eWUy67j4odpw at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

>    I want to use UART # 1 for interrupt based I/O on Katmai Board
> (PPC440EPx) running embedded linux 2.6.23.xx. Currently UART # 0 is

The Katmai board uses a PPC440SPe processor, not a PPC440EPx.

Also, Linux 2.6.23 is very old (more than 3.5 years, or 16 releases).
It makes no sense to use this as base for any new software
development.  Please update to a recent kernel version (2.6.39 or
later).

> configured for remote terminal access on host PC via minicom. However, no
> module/driver is present for UART # 1 I/O. Can anybody help me to implement
> the BSP/driver for UART # 1?

Current Linux kernels support UART0, 1 and 2.  Please update.

Please also note that this message is in no way related to the ELDK,
so it is actually off topic here.  You should have posted on a more
general embedded Linux or PowerPC Linux mailing list, like
linuxppc-dev at lists.ozlabs.org

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A modem is a baudy house.