[ELDK] Using ELDK 4.1 on Mac OSX

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 8 13:05:22 CET 2011

Dear Amichay Oren,

In message <CADEC956.21C1E%amichay at getappcard.com> you wrote:

> I¹m a newbie to ELDK, and need to develop software piece for a payment
> terminal running on ARM platform. I am wondering if anyone has experience in
> working with ELDK 4.1 on a Mac OSX, and what are the required development
> environment setup steps?

One of the big advantages of using Linxu as OS for embedded systems
is that you can have the _same_ OS running on the host and the
target. Chosing any other host OS means you lose more or less of this
advantage.  Can you actually run Linux x86 binaries under Mac OSX?

The second question is why you would start with a 5 year old version?
Why not using ELDK 5.0 (or 5.1 beta) instead?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It is not best to swap horses while crossing the river.
- Abraham Lincoln