[ELDK] Using ELDK 4.1 on Mac OSX

Jeroen Hofstee jeroen at myspectrum.nl
Fri Nov 18 22:21:19 CET 2011

On 11/08/11 14:56, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> My Mac is running FreeBSD on an Intel processor, I downloaded the ARM ISO
> for x86, however the 'install' does not run. I am wondering if anyone
> encountered this before... I could install a virtual machine and install
>> The reason I'm using v4.1 is that it was recommended by the hardware
>> provider (which also supplied additional libraries).
> ELDK 4.1 is about 5 years old.  In terms of Linux development this is
> stone age.

First of all, it is not clear to me what you mean with 'install', I
assume it is the install script, not 'make install'.

Regarding an install on FreeBSD have a look at
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/eldk/2011-August/001947.html
This is for ELDK 5 though. With mentioned workaround it will install
correctly and build at least the kernel on
FreeBSD, haven't checked the Openembedded recipes though.

This is of course with Linux binary compatibility enabled.

Regards,
Jeroen Hofstee