[ELDK] Denx ...

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Aug 5 20:25:07 CEST 2012

Dear Luiz,

In message <1344184992.93722.YahooMailClassic at web184705.mail.ne1.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I saw in an old e-mail of yours, your were seeking people to set up
> a build environment to create ELDKs for x86 targets. Any success? So
> far I couldn't find a solution of the net.

I guess that was a really, really old e-mail, then...

> I am currently trying to find boot loaders for XINU to load on this
> TS5400 SBC. An O'Reilly book I'm reading suggests U-Boot. When
> looking into its documentation, I though your ELDK recipes are good
> to bild slim kernels/filesystems to fit on small compact flashes.
> Initially I also considered GRUB, but to install Linux on, say, 256MB
> from a standard distro, seems a stretch, as far as I'm concerned.

Well, even though we don't include a "generic-x86" configuration yet,
ELDK 5.x has everything in place to be used with x86 systems.  The
Yocto project, which ELDK 5.x is based on, supports some Atom based
boards, so it should be a straightforward procedure to use one of
these to derive either support for a custom board configuration, or
for more generic x86 support.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
 The software required `Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux.