[ELDK] Ubuntu 12.04 and ELDK 4.1

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Fri Aug 17 10:04:42 CEST 2012

On 17/08/2012 01:36, Niclas Lindgren wrote:

> As you can see, it kind of gets it right
>
> ignoring nonexistent directory "/opt/eldk-4.2/../ppc_82xx/usr/include"
>
> It is just missing a "/usr" after eldk-4.2/
>
> What is even weirder is that running ppc-82xx-cpp will yield an error, but
> running it with "-v" will make it work...
>
> And now for the real killer, change the root of eldk from /opt/eldk-4.2 to
> /opt/eldk-4.2.new makes it work (just an mv, I know some files or not
> correct and it should be installed, it was just for testing).
>
> Making it even weired, if I instead just link /opt/eldk-4.2 to
> /opt/eldk-4.2.new it won't work. But doing the opposite, that is mv
> /opt/eldk-4.2 to /opt/eldk-4.2.fix and then link /opt/eldk-4.2 to
> /opt/eldk-4.2.fix makes it work too (all this without the spec patch).
> Readlink, dirname and basename or my guesses, somewhere in the compiler, and
> thus in libc. I would guess it wouldn't had been a problem had the compilers
> been built statically.
>
> The difference between my working Ubuntu and 12.04 is that
> /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 has changed versions from 2.13 to 2.15. I will
> try to bring 2.13 to my non working Ubuntu instead and see what happens.

Do you have a working 12.04 with libc 2.13 ? I do not think it is the
problem. I have a 12.04 (yes, updated from previous version) with libc
2.15, ELDK-4.2 is working.

And ELDK-4.2 is not so strict that should be installed. I moved it often
to another system copying everything (in a tarball) under the eldk-4.2
directory.

Regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de