[ELDK] Ubuntu 12.04 and ELDK 4.1

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Fri Aug 17 11:46:40 CEST 2012

On 17/08/2012 11:09, Niclas Lindgren wrote:
> Hello Stefan,

Hi Niclas,

> No, it is kind of tricky to use another libc and it required too much work.

Sure - changing libc means changing distro, with all side effects.

> I have reverted back to 11.10 instead.
>
> I can make the compiler kind of work depending where it is installed, how
> many softlinks it resolves and such.
>
> I am not the only one with problems running Ubuntu 12+ and ELDK 4.2, I have
> tried cleanly installed system as well and they have these odd symptoms with
> symlinks.
>
> The best thing would probably be to recompile the compiler with the same
> cross tool settings under Ubuntu 12.04, which I might try later,

This could be a very time intensive task. Up to ELDK-4.2, we use a
virtual machine under Red Hat 7.3 (very old) to produce the whole
distro. This made ELDK working on a lot of distros for a long time, but
I know it cannot be produced clean with new distros.

Regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de