[ELDK] eldk-5.1 powerpc-4xx building problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Feb 8 09:20:34 CET 2012

Dear rajive gupta,

In message <1328648483.98706.YahooMailClassic at web160801.mail.bf1.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> Please can you guide me or send a link to document , how to create powerpc
> ramdisk (uRamdisk) image in ELDK-5.1.  I need to create basic file system
> on powerpc 405 board.

To create custom file system images you have to provide respective
bitbake recipies.  You can probably use

	meta/recipes-core/images/core-image-minimal.bb
and	meta/recipes-core/images/core-image-minimal-initramfs.bb

as reference.

For details, please see
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/poky-ref-manual/poky-ref-manual.html#ref-images
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/bsp-guide/bsp-guide.html
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.0/poky-ref-manual/poky-ref-manual.html

Of course you can also try starting with the existing file system
images, say for example
ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/eldk/5.1/targets/powerpc-4xx-softfloat/core-image-minimal-generic-powerpc-4xx-softfloat.tar.gz
and manually add/remove files there.

Finally, you can try and use HOB, which provides a graphical user
interface for BitBake; see
http://www.yoctoproject.org/projects/hob

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
CONSUMER NOTICE:  Because  of  the  "Uncertainty  Principle,"  It  Is
Impossible  for  the  Consumer  to  Find  Out  at  the Same Time Both
Precisely Where This Product Is and How Fast It Is Moving.