[ELDK] touch screen for QT App do not work

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Jul 29 09:50:04 CEST 2012

Dear Ratheendran,

In message <CALM_QrVZ=0SWPnBYVJySPyq0vH0wAhbk+6Bv0qetJ-2qvjoAsw at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> We are using an old linux kernel 2.6.21 with armv5te, since this the last
> update recived from the vendor, so need to stick on this version.

Well, v2.6.21 is more than 5 years old.  In terms of Linux kernel
development that's Pleistocene or so...

I strongly recommend to update to a recent kernel version.  Yes, this
will require some efforts, but at least this is an activity where the
community will be able to answer questions.

Working on 5 year old code is too painfol - knowbody else is using
this any more, so it is unlikely that anybody will be able to help.
And even if you get it running, it's still ancient code with tons of
known bugs and issues - and if you run into any of these, you will
probably always hear the same reply: update.

> I am also facing the same problem as narrated in FAQ link
> http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/ELDK-5/FrequentlyAskedQuestionsAndAnswers#Qt_Embedded_touch_screen_is_not

This may be just the visible tip of the iceberg...

> I get the below response.
>
> *"No mouse handler installed*"

Seems there are more incompatibilities.

> kindly let me know how I can fix this issue.

I'm sorry, but I have no idea.  ELDK 5.x was build against v3.x Linux
kernel versions, and there are probably quite a number of incompa-
tibilites against such an old kenrel as v2.6.21.  I'm afraid with such
old code you are completely oin your own...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
There are two ways to write error-free programs. Only the  third  one
works.