[ELDK] touch screen for QT App do not work

Ratheendran R ratheendran.s at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 09:07:02 CEST 2012

Dear All,

I am using eldk5.2.1 the latest release for our software development.this
has really solved a lot my cross-compiling issues.

We are using an old linux kernel 2.6.21 with armv5te, since this the last
update recived from the vendor, so need to stick on this version.

I am also facing the same problem as narrated in FAQ link
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/ELDK-5/FrequentlyAskedQuestionsAndAnswers#Qt_Embedded_touch_screen_is_not

I make the changes mentioned in the kernel and applied the patch suggested
in FAQ.

I get the tslib_caliberate working but there is no mouse movement for any
Qt application.

when I run './mousecalibration -qws' this is the example qws follder of Qt
source tree.

I get the below response.

*"No mouse handler installed*"

The environment I exported before running the application is as below.

export TSLIB_CONSOLEDEVICE=none
export TSLIB_FBDEVICE=/dev/fb0
export TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event0
export TSLIB_CALIBFILE=/etc/pointercal
export TSLIB_CONFFILE=/etc/ts.conf
export QWS_SIZE=240x320
export QWS_DISPLAY="LinuxFb:mmWidth=135:mmHeight=155"
export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO="Tslib:/dev/input/event0"
export TSLIB_PLUGINDIR=/usr/lib/ts
export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=tslib
export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libts-1.0.so.0.0.0

kindly let me know how I can fix this issue.

Thanks in Advance
Ratheendran

Ratheendran