[ELDK] ELDK-5.2.1 armv5te:libicu is missed in the qte-sdk configuration

Sergei Poselenov sposelenov at emcraft.com
Sat Sep 15 10:35:43 CEST 2012

Hello Wolfgang,

Glad to hear from you! More comments below.

On Sat, 2012-09-15 at 01:05 +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Sergei,
>
> In message <20120914194852.34eb6d90 at emcraft.com> you wrote:
> >
> > FYI: attempt to run any demo from /usr/bin/qtopia/demos produces a
> > warning:
> > Cannot load library icui18n: (libicui18n.so.36: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
> >
> > It seems that the "libicu" package is missed on that configuration.
>
> Thnaks for pointing out.  Do you see any problems with the demo
> programs, except for this warning message?

We are just tried to start the application, it was one of the first
attempts to try out our kernel port with the real filesystem. The
framebuffer driver is not yet ready so we didn't expect much of that
attempt.

> I mean, is it just a nuisance, or a real problem?
>
> > I worked around this by copying /usr/lib/libicu* from the "basic" configuration rootfs.
>
> Did you try installing the "libicu" package?  Did that help?

No I didn't try (frankly, just noticed the respective record in the
FAQ).

BTW, is there a package in the ELDK-5 which allows to quick-start the
ramdisk development, like the SELF package in ELDK-4?

Regards,
Sergei