[ELDK] Is there an ELDK NTP or other time keeping package?

Larry Baker baker at usgs.gov
Wed Aug 21 07:27:08 CEST 2013

I tried to add the ntp package to generic-armv5te core-image-basic by adding

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " chkconfig ntp"

to my Yocto/ELDK conf/local.conf.

bitbake failed because no recipe provides 'ntp'.

I saw chkconfig and ntp in the list of ELDK target packages at http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/ELDKPackages#Section_3.9.2.  I thought there might be a chance that Yocto/ELDK had support for building both.  No?

What is the recommended method in Yocto/ELDK to synchronize with an NTP server or other time reference?

Thank you.

Larry Baker
US Geological Survey
650-329-5608