[ELDK] Yocto equivalent of chkconfig --del?

Larry Baker baker at usgs.gov
Thu Aug 22 11:06:06 CEST 2013

Thanks to Stefano, I have a modified generic-armv5te core-image-basic with NTP and chkconfig included.  I am content to leave the NFS client features for the time being, but I do not want any NFS server or RPC ports open.  From what I can tell, the nfs-utils package provides the NFS server, as well as the NFS client mount utilities.  So, I cannot to any package pruning; I must configure the nfsserver.

I am trying to figure out how to do the equivalent of chkconfig --del nfsserver when the rootfs image is built.  I could do that on the target after deployment.  I would rather do the equivalent when the rootfs image is assembled.

I see a function updatercd_postrm() in update-rc.d.bbclass that looks promising.  It looks like it creates a pkg_postrm_nfsserver variable containing a shell script to be executed when the nfsserver package is removed.  Is there a way to invoke it?  Is there a way to remove the nfsserver package after the rest of the nfs-utils package has been installed?  If not, is there another way to disable the nfsserver in the rootfs?

Thank you,

Larry Baker
US Geological Survey
650-329-5608