[ELDK] Issue about install packages to the rootfs

Anatolij Gustschin agust at denx.de
Tue Feb 26 13:56:29 CET 2013

Hi,

On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 12:08:25 +0000
wolfking <wolfking2000 at msn.com> wrote:

> hi, all  I'm developing a GUI system on a powerpc platform. I want to
> install some packages to the rootfs. From the eldk FAQ, I seem to learn
> that I have to rebuild the eldk from source, is this true? Is there any
> other methods?

It depends on what packages do you need. If you need gtk+ based GUI
you can install core-image-sato-sdk rootfs and gmae toolchain and
check if the packages you need are already in the rootfs. If they
are not in the rootfs, you have to build them using eldk-5.3 source.
If you need Qt for Embedded Linux based GUI, install core-image-qte-sdk
and qte toolchain and check if needed packages are in the rootfs.
If not, you will have to build them.

> If I want to rebuild the eldk, the eldk source has to be downloaded
> from the server by means of git. Unfortunately, when I use git to clone
> the source, the bandwidth is only 10KB, and when in download progress,
> the git often stops by some reason.

I cannot reproduce the issue you report, cloning over git or http
protocol works here. The problem seems to be on your side.

>  So can anyone tell me how I can download a stable 5.3 version
> (by which I can rebuild eldk 5.3 from source) with any other
> methods?

You can also download a snapshot of the eldk-rel-v5.3 branch using
http. Here is the branch

  http://git.denx.de/?p=eldk.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/eldk-rel-v5.3

On the right side of each commit you can see links to the tar.gz
or tar.bz2 snapshots. Here is a link to the top most commit (eldk-5.3
release) snapshot as tar.bz2:

  http://git.denx.de/?p=eldk.git;a=snapshot;h=c2836a84b73e404fc21ddc573d9edcfe196bcd42;sf=tbz2

Best regards,

Anatolij