[ELDK] cannot find -lgcc

Andika Gunawan ndikz91 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 08:02:19 CET 2013

> Dear Wolfgang Denk,

> >The canonical compiler prefeix should be arm-linux-gnueabi- instead,
> >but this is probably not your problem here.
>
> >If in doubt, use  eldk-switch - see [1]
>
> >[1] http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/ELDK-5/WebHome#Section_1.8.3.
>
>    i've just installed eldk-switch on my development host, but it seems
that eldk-switch didn't find or recognize my eldk instalation
   the statement "eldk-switch -l" says that i don't have any ELDK
instalation..
   i'm using ELDK5.3 but didnt install it in the default location
(/TA/ELDK5.3/...)

   i've installed it on a new development host, It works fine for eldk5.3
(in the default location), eldk-switch and at91 u-boot
   no error statement.

> >I cannot confirm this report.  With plain ELDK v5.3 and recent U-Boot
>

> >(v2013.01) this works fine for me:
>
> >-> cd /home/wd/git/u-boot/work
> >-> git describe
> >v2013.01
> >-> eldk-switch -r 5.3 -m armv4t
> >Setup for armv4t (using ELDK 5.3)
> >-> ./MAKEALL at91rm9200ek
> >Configuring for at91rm9200ek board...
> >   text    data     bss     dec     hex filename
> >203923    5436  297844  507203   7bd43 ./u-boot
>
> >--------------------- SUMMARY ----------------------------
> >Boards compiled: 1
>

> >What are these needed for?  I though you were using ELDK?
>
> >No.  ELDK is supposed to be self contained.  Actually none of the arm
> >compiler packages listed above are needed (nor useful when working
> >with the ELDK).  Make sure your PATH settings are correct so you are
> >really using the ELDK tool chain.
>
>    sorry, it seems that i got confused on how the toolchain works.
   i got confused between eldk and another toolchain,

   Thanks for your answer

Best regards,

   Andika Gunawan