[ELDK] Providing ELDK specific bblayers.conf and local.conf to ease build setup

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri Jul 26 12:16:12 CEST 2013

Hi,

according to the ELDK documentation[1], one needs to edit the provided
configuration files to start even a first build.  It turned out that
this phase has potential for a lot of errors, especially using the
shared downloads directory is and was a source of confusion.  I suggest
that we use provided config files that need no to little manual
intervention.  We can then document the initial setup as

TEMPLATECONF=meta-eldk/conf source oe-init-build-env ....

on the wiki[1].  A subsequent "MACHINE=generic-powerpc bitbake
core-image-minimal" then works for me without any further change.

Attached are patches to make this work against eldk 5.3 (or 5.3.1) and
(the not released) eldk 5.4.

Cheers
  Detlev

[1] http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/ELDK-5/EldkBuilding

--
I object to doing things that computers can do.   -- Olin Shivers