[ELDK] segmentation fault on powerpc gdb

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jul 26 15:27:18 CEST 2013

Dear Matteo,

In message <51F26B37.4050707 at sirius-es.it> you wrote:

> I'm using eldk-5.3, but I encounter a strange behavior when I use gdb.
> While I'm debugging, gdb exit with segfault when I try to step into a
> libc function like "printf" or "memset".
> Instead of step into, if I use step over, debugger continue to works as
> expected.

Did you make sure to set solib-absolute-prefix as needed? It must
point to a directory on the host where GDB can find the versions of
the needed libraries with debug symbols (i. e. the sysroot directory
with installed debug packages).

Please see also the related Yocto documentation.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
There is, however, a strange, musty smell in the air that reminds  me
of something...hmm...yes...I've got it...there's a VMS nearby, or I'm
a Blit.          - Larry Wall in Configure from the perl distribution