[ELDK] X11 results in "shifted" fb with 3.8 kernel on mx28

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 18:21:09 CET 2013

Hi,

[Sorry for the cross-posting, but just trying to get a wider audience].

We are booting a core-image-x11 image with a 3.8.2 kernel on a mx28evk
and we are having issues with x11: the framebuffer appears shifted to
the right.

Tux logo and Yocto logo appears correctly. This "shifted" framebuffer
only happens with x11.

We have been trying to tweak xorg.conf, but no success so far.

We tested core-image-x11 generated by meta-fsl-arm, and also the
core-image-sato-sdk-generic-armv5te.tar.gz image provided by Denx ELDK
(ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/eldk/5.3/targets/armv5te/) and we saw the same
behaviour with both images.

We would appreciate any comments/suggestions.

Thanks,

Fabio Estevam