[ELDK] Booting ELDK5.4 rootfs via NFS hangs

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 20 21:01:33 CET 2013

Dear Tobias Markow,

In message <528CC7C7.1050700 at haw-hamburg.de> you wrote:

> On 20.11.2013 11:21, Marek Vasut wrote:
> > Yes indeed, you just need to clone the whole
> > git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/linux.git plain and simple: git clone
> > git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/linux.git Best regards, Marek Vasut
>
> I used " git clone git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/linux.git" in the
> /eldk/downloads dir.

Is this what you are using as download directory? The documetation
uses /opt/eldk/downloads/ ...

In any case, please try this (adapting the path as needed):

$ cd /opt/eldk/downloads/git2
$ git clone --bare git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/linux.git kernel.ubuntu.com.ubuntu.linux.git
$ touch kernel.ubuntu.com.ubuntu.linux.git.done

Hope this helps.

[It would prbably also be helpful if you could add some "me too" to
the bug report in the Ubuntu bug database so they finally get moving
and fix this bug. TIA.]

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A witty saying proves nothing, but saying  something  pointless  gets
people's attention.