[ELDK] ld.so.1 needed by libpthread.so.0 not found

Ed Jubenville edjubenville at att.net
Sat Jan 25 15:47:45 CET 2014

I found the solution with the help of an offlist email response from Christian Ege, pointing me here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9095349/eldk-gcc-linker-error-in-ld-so-1

Given my ELDK installation path and chosen platform, my solution was:
	cd /opt/eldk/usr/ppc-linux/lib
	sudo ln -s ../../../ppc_82xx/lib/ld.so.1

After that, my application built fine and was roughly the same size that I expected.

The same solution worked for me on SUSE 3.11.6 and on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

Thank you everyone for the help!

Ed J