[ELDK] ld.so.1 needed by libpthread.so.0 not found

Christian Ege k4230r6 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 19:39:36 CET 2014

Hi,
> I found the solution with the help of an offlist email response from Christian Ege, pointing me here:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9095349/eldk-gcc-linker-error-in-ld-so-1
Sorry for the offlist email I hit the wrong button on my phone.
> Given my ELDK installation path and chosen platform, my solution was:
> 	cd /opt/eldk/usr/ppc-linux/lib
> 	sudo ln -s ../../../ppc_82xx/lib/ld.so.1
>
> After that, my application built fine and was roughly the same size that I expected.
>
> The same solution worked for me on SUSE 3.11.6 and on Ubuntu 12.04
Nice to here it is working. The whole discussion  raises some questions:

- What support period can I suspect from a recent ELDK?
- Are there any Long Term Yocto/ELDK releases planned?

For industrial applications life cycles of 5-10 years are not seldom.

regards,
Christian