[ELDK] ld.so.1 needed by libpthread.so.0 not found

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jan 27 20:07:37 CET 2014

Dear Christian,

In message <52E6A7E8.8030302 at googlemail.com> you wrote:

> - What support period can I suspect from a recent ELDK?

This depends on how you define "support".

If you think of commercial grade support, then you can get it as long
as you are willing to pay for it :-)

Free community support is basically a question of efficiency.  We will
always try to help, but there is obviously a limit to the amount of
efforts we can invest for free.  If you are asking about recent
versions, then the motivation to help is of course much higher (and it
is much more likely to meet other users who can help here) than when
asking about decade old stuff.

> - Are there any Long Term Yocto/ELDK releases planned?

I don;t think I have heard about such plans yet.

> For industrial applications life cycles of 5-10 years are not seldom.

Well, such applications are usually backed by a commercial support
contract.  Of course we offer thos to our customers; also security
updates for example for devices that are directly exposed to the
internet.  Please feel free to contact me in case you are interested
in such topics.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man  to  fish,
and he'll invite himself over for dinner.             - Calvin Keegan