[ELDK] U-Boot version required to boot kernel 3.10 on PowerPC

Peter Oruba peter at oruba.de
Mon Jun 23 09:52:03 CEST 2014

Hello,

I am having a hard time booting Linux kernel 3.10 (linux-yocto-3.10) on my
PowerPC system (MPC5200). The system used to run kernel 2.6.38, but
application development requires an upgrade to ELDK 5.5 which brings kernel
3.10. Neither the kernel compiled by the ELDK nor a separately compiled one
say a word on the console (assuming here the boot command line is correct,
because it used to work with 2.6).

I have early printk enabled, but the last thing I see on the console is

## Flattened Device Tree blob at 00100000
     Booting using the fdt blob at 0x100000
     Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK

My U-Boot version is "U-Boot 2010.06-00073-g54841ab-dirty". Is it possible
that this version is too old?

Thanks,

Peter Oruba