[ELDK] U-Boot version required to boot kernel 3.10 on PowerPC

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Wed Jun 25 11:15:56 CEST 2014

Hi Peter,

[...]

>> Did you try the post-mortem debugging technique documented in our
>> DULG[1]?  Sometimes the error message is quite plain to see there…
>
> Yes, that gives me a load of ASCII garbage, but not a single string.

If you don't even see the Linux header, i.e. the "Linux version ..."
then the method either doesn't work (wrong physical address?) or Linux
did not start at all.  Very strange indeed.

If I had access to your hardware, then at this stage I would hook up a
JTAG debugger and actually trace the transition from U-Boot to the
kernel.  I'm sorry that I don't have any more ideas currently.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
We can forgive a man for making a useful thing as long as he does not
admire it.  The only excuse  for making  a useless  thing is that one