[ELDK] whether eldk 5.5.3 support 64bit cross compilation for powerpc e6500 core?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Feb 3 16:42:19 CET 2015

Dear Karunakaran,

In message <63C01F6E6BFF4D29AE60B493437A0DD8 at itd420> you wrote:

> The following error was observed during compilation with enabled 64bit
> option in the kernel configuration.
> make
> <stdin>:1:0: error: -m64 not supported in this configuration
> <stdin>:1:0: error: -m64 not supported in this configuration
> Any -m64 flag dependency required for ELDK5.5.3?

In principle, there are no such dependencies.

However, you have to keep in mind that a 32 bits tool chain cannot
build 64 bits binaries.  In case you installed the ELDK from the
binaries on our FTP server, you should be aware that these are 32 bit
binaries (for wider compatibility to existing host environments).
You will need to rebuild the ELDK for a x86_64 host; make sure to set

	SDKMACHINE = "x86_64"

in your conf/local.conf file - in the binary distribution we build
with SDKMACHINE ?= "i686".

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It is easier to write an incorrect program than understand a  correct
one.