[ELDK] ELDK 4.1 priority inversion question.

Tremblay, Eric etrembla at harris.com
Mon Jul 6 15:19:52 CEST 2015

Hi there,

I know, this is old stuff but the product was developed with that at the time.

I have looked all over the web but can't seem to find an answer to my questions, so I'm trying you directly.

We are using ELDK 4.1 with Linux kernel 2.6.19.2.  I'm trying to figure out if priority inversion(in the user space) is supported and if yes, how to enable it.

I have found on the web that priority inversion was introduce in Linux kernel 2.6.18.

I have found that in "pthread.h" in ELDK, the interface to set the protocol is there but when I try to use it, the compiler says it doesn't know about it.

The architecture is the PowerPC(Power Quick II) ppc_82xx.

There compiler error is:

/home/Fremen/vdriveDEV/app/common/src/app_diagmgr.cpp: In function 'void DiagMgr_InitializeDataMembers()':

/home/Fremen/vdriveDEV/app/common/src/app_diagmgr.cpp:1322: error: 'pthread_mutexattr_getprotocol' was not declared in this scope

I know that the error mean it cannot find the function declaration.  What I don't know is why since it is declare in the pthread.h that I have included And the compiler can find the header file because it would complain if not.

The other thing I saw on the web was about a compiler & linker option to add "-pthread".  I did add it just to try but it did not make any difference.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Best Regards

Eric Tremblay