[ELDK] ELDK 4.1 priority inversion question.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jul 7 17:59:19 CEST 2015

Dear Eric,

for the sake of the list here a repost of what I wrote privately
before:

In message <2933AA458CA0DC40AF6BE092B22FAC59747BAB53 at MLBMXUS22.cs.myharris.net> you wrote:

> I have found that in "pthread.h" in ELDK, the interface to set the protocol is there but when I try to use it, the compiler says it doesn't know about it.
> /home/Fremen/vdriveDEV/app/common/src/app_diagmgr.cpp:1322: error: 'pthread_mutexattr_getprotocol' was not declared in this scope

When I search in  /opt/eldk-4.1/ppc_82xx  for  pthread.h , I can find
two candidates:

	usr/include/linuxthreads/pthread.h
	usr/include/pthread.h

[plus some for for the Xenomai enabled kernel, which is not
interesting here]

But "grep pthread_mutexattr_getprotocol usr/include/pthread.h usr/include/linuxthreads/pthread.h"
returns empty, so  pthread_mutexattr_getprotocol  appears to be NOT
declared in the ELDK 4.1 header files  seems you are including
something else?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it.