[ELDK] glibc getaddrinfo() bug (CVE-2015-7547)

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at arcor.de
Mon Apr 11 23:00:06 CEST 2016

Am 19.02.16 08:44 schrieb(en) Wolfgang Denk:
> Thanks for bringing this up, and thanks in advance for any potential patches :-)

Just a dumb question - as I still use ELDK 5.4, I had the idea to get the latest CentOS 7 source rpm including the critical fixes for the same glibc version (2.17), and to just cross-compile the patched sources.  However, this process failed, for the e500v2 first with some strange asm errors, and after I added "--without-fp" (although I want SPE hw float, not fp emulation...) to configure, with linker errors regarding memmove etc.  I didn't try the MPC5200 version yet.

Would it be possible to get a usable glibc so using this process?  Any idea about the "proper" configure args?

Cheers
Albrecht.