[ELDK] Bootm.c code problem in ocotea board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 18 14:28:49 CEST 2016

Dear Rama Chandra,

In message <CA+Wf0EG-4ezAkk1pOT9813roRkjbUT1N8o1wJ847BtZiyid+1g at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I am not changed the libraries any thing, but same problem is coming. I am
> only changed  include/configs/amcc-common.h file below things only i am
> changed eldk path changed:
> #if defined(CONFIG_440EP) || defined(CONFIG_440EPX) || \
>     defined(CONFIG_460EX) || defined(CONFIG_460GT)
> #define CONFIG_AMCC_DEF_ENV_ROOTPATH "rootpath=/opt/eldk42/ppc_4xxFP\0"
> #else
> #define CONFIG_AMCC_DEF_ENV_ROOTPATH rootpath=/opt/eldk42/ppc_4xx\0"
> #endif

In addition to the already mentioned obvious syntax error I would like
to point out that I strongly discourage you to make any such changes
to the source code.  The U-Boot image should not depend on the
installation location of the tool chain.  If you are using U-Boot with
a NFS server, it is much easier (and the officially recommended way)
just to use the "setenv" / "saveenv" commands to adjust the
envrionment settings to your current network configuration - you have
to do this anyway to adjust for network addresses or similar (and if
you use DHCP, you don't have to do that at all).

There is no reason to modify the source code and/or to rebuild U-Boot
because of that.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Der Horizont vieler Menschen ist ein Kreis mit Radius Null --
und das nennen sie ihren Standpunkt.