[ELDK] How to install ELDK-5.8 on Ubuntu-16.04 for U-Boot developing?

Chi Wang homugiken at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 04:15:11 CEST 2016

Hello,

I'm currently working on a loongson_2h board (mips64 architecture), and
trying to boot it with U-Boot.
Then I found ELDK-5.8-mips.iso on denx news page.
*The problem is which ELDK package should I install? And how does it works
compiling U-Boot?*

I have been reading DULG and U-Boot docs whole last week, but got more
confused as I read more.
The ELDK-5.8-mips.iso contains multiple targets. Even with names and
purpose explained at this page,
http://www.denx.de/wiki/ELDK-5/WebHome,
still have no clue which target should I install to compile U-Boot.

Since I literally know little about both ELDK and U-Boot, I could use some
help to find the way.

Regards,

homu
homugiken at gmail.com