[tbot] Release 0.6.5

Harald Seiler hws at denx.de
Thu Dec 20 12:41:36 UTC 2018

Hi Stefano,

On Thu, 2018-12-20 at 13:33 +0100, Stefano Babic wrote:
> On 20/12/18 11:57, Harald Seiler wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > today I release version 0.6.5!  4 days before Christmas, best idea ever,
> > I know ...
> >

> It is a gift under the Christmastree - thanks !
>
> > Anyway, here are the changes:
> >
> > === Added ===
> > - `Machine.lh` [1]: You can access the lab-host from every machine now.  The idea
> >   behind this is to allow access to lab-specific configuration in a much
> >   easier way.
>
> Is this thought to solve the dependencies between board and lab as we
> discussed in previous thread ? Could I use it as:
>
> class MyBoard(board.Board):
>
>      def poweron(self) -> None:
>          self.lh.poweron(self.name)

It is a step in that direction, but by far not the final solution.  For your
case:  Yes, if your lab-config defines a

	class MyLab(lab.SSHLabHost):
	    def poweron(self, name: str) -> None:

You could call it like that from your board config.

> > - `mach.env()` can now be used to set environment variables as well:
>
> Are they shell environment ? Or do you mean U-Boot environment ?

Both! If your machine is U-Boot

	with tbot.acquire_uboot(b) as ub:
	    ub.env("bootcmd", "bootm $loadaddr"

will set a U-Boot variable and if your machine is Linux

	with tbot.acquire_lab() as lh:
	    lh.env("ARCH", "arm")

will set an Environment Variable.

> > 	m.env("name", "value")
> >
> > - `-p` for setting testcase parameters.  Provided values are parsed
> >   using `eval`, so be careful ... Example:
> >
> > 	$ tbot -p int_param=42 -p boolean=True -p string=\'str\'
>
> Thanks, this is useful !
>

> > === Changed ===
> > - You can now use `--log=` to suppress the creation of a log file.
> >
> > Question:
> > 	Should we move to not creating a logfile by default, only
> > 	if explicitly specified?
> >

> I have no preferences.

Personally I prefer no logfile by default, because you just end up with lots and
lots of logfiles in randon locations, that you probably won't ever take a look at ...

--
Harald

Phone: +49-8142-66989-62  Fax: +49-8142-66989-80   Email: hws at denx.de