[tbot] Release 0.6.5

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Thu Dec 20 12:33:48 UTC 2018

On 20/12/18 11:57, Harald Seiler wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> today I release version 0.6.5!  4 days before Christmas, best idea ever,
> I know ...

It is a gift under the Christmastree - thanks !

> Anyway, here are the changes:
>
> === Added ===
> - `Machine.lh` [1]: You can access the lab-host from every machine now.  The idea
>   behind this is to allow access to lab-specific configuration in a much
>   easier way.

Is this thought to solve the dependencies between board and lab as we
discussed in previous thread ? Could I use it as:

class MyBoard(board.Board):

     def poweron(self) -> None:
         self.lh.poweron(self.name)

> - `mach.env()` can now be used to set environment variables as well:

Are they shell environment ? Or do you mean U-Boot environment ?

> 	m.env("name", "value")
>
> - `-p` for setting testcase parameters.  Provided values are parsed
>   using `eval`, so be careful ... Example:
>
> 	$ tbot -p int_param=42 -p boolean=True -p string=\'str\'

Thanks, this is useful !

> === Changed ===
> - You can now use `--log=` to suppress the creation of a log file.
>
> Question:
> 	Should we move to not creating a logfile by default, only
> 	if explicitly specified?

I have no preferences.

> === Fixed ===
> - `selftest_path_stat` assuming the existence of `/dev/sda`, which makes
>   it fail on systems without this block device.  (Apparently there are NO
>   block devices that exist on every linux machine ...)
> - tbot will now only color its output if appropriate.  It honors CLICOLORS[2].
>

> [1]: https://rahix.de/tbot/module-machine.html#tbot.machine.Machine.lh
> [2]: https://bixense.com/clicolors/

Best regards,
Stefano