[tbot] [Discussion] Calling tbot from within the source directory

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Wed Nov 28 14:39:10 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 28/11/18 15:22, Claudius Heine wrote:
> Hi,
>
> currently calling tbot from some directory that is not the directory
> containing the testcases is a bit inconvenient.
>
> For example the product specific testcase directory has the following
> structure:
>
>     tbot-privat
>     ├── boards
>     │   └── my-board.py
>     ├── labs
>     │   └── my-lab.py
>     └── tc
>         └── my-testcases.py
>
> Then I would have to call tbot from another directory like this:
>
>     $ tbot -T /path/to/tbot-privat \
>       -l /path/to/tbot-privat/labs/my-lab.py \
>       -b /path/to/tbot-privat/boards/my-board my_test_case

Right.

> That is a bit tiresome. A `-C` parameter like git(1) has, would solve
> it, but I think accessing the source code via the cwd in the testcases
> as a fallback would be nice.

Because this is like a user setup (a usr has a set of boards + a set of
testcases), I would suggest as option to have a configuration file (like
buildman), something like

[boarddir]
/path/to/tbot-privat/boards

[lab]
/path/to/tbot-privat/labs/my-lab.py

[tcdirs]
/path/tc1
/path/tc2
/path/tc3

and we can call tbot simply with "tbot -b my-board my_test_case"

> I might just be my different understanding of things. I like to be in
> the directory of the stuff that should be tested, not where the
> testcases are located.

Agree. Now we have to go into tbot-privat to avoid to pass always the
full path.

> It also makes sense for me if multiple source
> directories need to be "tested" on the same hw.

Agree.

> What do you think about this?

Regards,
Stefano