[tbot] [Discussion] Calling tbot from within the source directory

Claudius Heine ch at denx.de
Wed Nov 28 14:22:54 UTC 2018

Hi,

currently calling tbot from some directory that is not the directory
containing the testcases is a bit inconvenient.

For example the product specific testcase directory has the following
structure:

    tbot-privat
    ├── boards
    │   └── my-board.py
    ├── labs
    │   └── my-lab.py
    └── tc
        └── my-testcases.py

Then I would have to call tbot from another directory like this:

    $ tbot -T /path/to/tbot-privat \
      -l /path/to/tbot-privat/labs/my-lab.py \
      -b /path/to/tbot-privat/boards/my-board my_test_case

That is a bit tiresome. A `-C` parameter like git(1) has, would solve
it, but I think accessing the source code via the cwd in the testcases
as a fallback would be nice.

I might just be my different understanding of things. I like to be in
the directory of the stuff that should be tested, not where the
testcases are located. It also makes sense for me if multiple source
directories need to be "tested" on the same hw.

What do you think about this?

Cheers,
Claudius

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-54 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: ch at denx.de

           PGP key: 6FF2 E59F 00C6 BC28 31D8 64C1 1173 CB19 9808 B153
                             Keyserver: hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net