[tbot] Release 0.7.1
hws at denx.de
Thu Mar 14 12:13:21 UTC 2019
I just released version 0.7.1 of tbot. The changes are as follows:
== Added ==
- `tbot.acquire_local()`: Quick access to a localhost machine. When you do
not select a lab, this is equivalent to `tbot.acquire_lab()`, but when your
lab is remote, you can use this new function to easily get access to your
- `LocalLabHost.tbotdir`: tbot's current working directory on the localhost (either
from where you ran `tbot` or the path given with `-C`). In conjunction with
the previous change, you can use this
for example to very easily copy files
from your tbot-repo to your lab-host:
from tbot.tc import shell
with tbot.acquire_lab() as lh: # The selected (possibly remote) lab-host
target_path = lh.workdir / "file.c"
with tbot.acquire_local() as lo: # Always localhost
local_path = lo.tbotdir / "data" / "file.c" # File in tbot-dir
shell.copy(local_path, target_path) # Copy to lab
# Use file on lab-host
lh.exec0("gcc", target_path, "-o", lh.workdir / "file")
Of course, this also works the other way around.
- `LinuxMachine.home`: Path to the current user's home. Quick access to $HOME.
- `tbot.tc.kconfig`: Testcases for modifying a kernel config file
- `login_delay`: Time to wait before logging in on the board. This should
allow working with boards that clobber the console a lot during boot.
(Thanks to Lukasz for adding this!)
== Changed ==
- Unknown parameters are now ignored if running multiple testcases so
you can specify parameters that are just relevant to a single one.
- `SSHMachine`s now use `NoneAuthenticator` by default.
== Fixed ==
- `selftest`s sometimes failing if dropbear does not start fast enough
- `SSHMachine`s using the local user's home dir instead of the one on the
- Local channels now correctly end the session which fixes weird bugs like
picocom not being able to reaquire the shell. This makes the fix I posted a while
I also added a rendered PDF version of the docs to the release:
DENX Software Engineering GmbH, Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk
HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: +49-8142-66989-62 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: hws at denx.de
More information about the tbot