[tbot] Release 0.8.1

Harald Seiler hws at denx.de
Tue Mar 10 10:22:06 CET 2020

Hello Stefano,

On Tue, 2020-03-10 at 10:10 +0100, Stefano Babic wrote:
[...]
> > > Setup looks broken after 0.7.1 - this is the last version I can install
> > > without issue on Ubuntu 19.10. After installing 0.8.0 or 0.8.1, I get
> > > running tbot:
> >
> > I cannot reproduce this error on my system ... I suspect it is caused by
> > a change in Python from version 3.6 to 3.7.  Can you check which version
> > you are using?
> >

> Python 3.7.5 (default, Nov 20 2019, 09:21:52)
>

> > Also, with 0.8.1, if you get an error, it will most likely be a slightly
> > different one (the line causing the error here has changed since).  Can
> > you send me the full traceback as well, please?
>
> I sent the full trackback: there is nothing more. I do not see any error
> during install, anyway trhis is the log:

[...]
> Everything fine (this was using development branch, but things changed
> after 0.7.1). Then I just call tbot:
>
> stefano at paperino:~/Projects/internal/tbot$ tbot
[...]
> "/home/stefano/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/tbot-0.8.1-py3.7.egg/tbot/machine/linux/build/toolchain.py",
> line 26, in Toolchain
>     def enable(self, host: linux.LinuxMachine) -> None:
> AttributeError: module 'tbot.machine.linux' has no attribute 'LinuxMachine'

This looks fishy ... In tbot 0.8.1, this line (and this file) does not
exist anymore.  It was moved and is now the following [1]:

    def enable(self, host: "Builder") -> None:

I'm not sure why your system seems to still contain old sources here ...
I suggest you uninstall tbot entirely using

    pip3 uninstall tbot

and then reinstall again like usual.  Maybe that helps?

[1]: https://github.com/Rahix/tbot/blob/v0.8.1/tbot/machine/linux/build.py#L28
--
Harald