[U-Boot-Board-Maintainers] Raspberry pi 4 - u-boot - genet / scb

Matthias Brugger mbrugger at suse.com
Wed Nov 20 11:13:55 UTC 2019

Adding Andre as he helps in the effort to port the driver. More comments inline.

On 19/11/2019 22:46, Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:
> On 11/19/19 9:48 PM, Simon Glass wrote:
>> Hi Sascha,
>>
>> On Tue, 19 Nov 2019 at 10:10, Sascha Dewald <sascha.dewald at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Simon,
>>>
>>> it uses bcmgenet.
>>>
>>> Below some information from "hwinfo" and "dmesg"
>>>

>> OK, well I think this is in linux as drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/genet
>>
>> I'm not sure about the PHY but it looks like there is no driver for
>> genet in U-Boot. I suggest poriting it over.
>
> In linux-next/next-20191119
> arch/arm64/boot/dts/broadcom/bcm2711-rpi-4-b.dtb
> there is no network device.

Florian send a new pull request, I think yesterday which adds the genet driver
to RPi4.

> On Raspbian you can find for RPi4:
>
> compatible = "brcm,genet-v5"
> relating to Linux drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/genet/bcmgenet.c
> CONFIG_BCMGENET "Broadcom GENET internal MAC support"

RPi4 is a special case as DMA burst size is different from plain genet-v5
driver. But that might be of no relevance for U-Boot.

Regards,
Matthias