[U-Boot-Users] RAM vs. ROM version of ppcboot

Stephan Linz linz at mazet.de
Tue Dec 3 13:13:57 CET 2002

Hi all,

I hope it's right to post questions about PPCBoot at U-Boot mailing list. I'm
new at PPCBoot, but know about internals of ARMBoot. So I know the ROM and
RAM versions of ARMBoot have to differ.

Now, I plan to download PPCBoot into the RAM of a TQM850L via gdb and run
from there. Gdb init the target processor inclusive address decoder. Can I
load a ppcboot binary builded from plain tarball into the RAM or schould I
swap some configs in include/configs/TQM850L.h ?

thanks,
Stephan

Stephan Linz
Software Engineer

MAZeT GmbH                   Email:   mailto:linz at mazet.de
Branche office Jena          Phone:   +49-3641-2809-55
Göschwitzer Straße 32        Fax  :   +49-3641-2809-12
D-07745 JENA
Germany

Visit our web-pages: http://www.MAZeT.de