[U-Boot-Users] RAM vs. ROM version of PPCBoot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Dec 3 21:56:55 CET 2002

In message <NEBBKJPFOLJNBMFNKBIIKENKDCAA.clh at net1plus.com> you wrote:

> > Why RAM version?
> > Mostly, the convenience is the main reason.
>
> I can't imaging debugging PPCBoot (or most other flash-resident)
> code any other way.

Oops? To me it makes absolutely no difference if the code  is  runing
from  RAM  or  ROM.  Debugging  is exactly the same (OK, you might be
limited regarding thenumber of breakpoints when running from ROM, but
usually this is no real handicap).

> I can't say it's perfect, but I can say this: it has worked for me
> without problems for several different projects.

Good for you. I always start with code running from flash, and it has
worked for me without problems for several different projects, too  -
so what? :-)

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Far back in the mists of ancient time, in the great and glorious days
of the former Galactic Empire, life was wild, rich  and  largely  tax
free.         - Douglas Adams, _The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy_