[U-Boot-Users] uncompressing two gziped images

Rod Boyce rod_boyce at stratexnet.com
Wed Dec 11 19:53:13 CET 2002

All,

We are using U-Boot to start a new PPC platform.  One of the things we need
to do is to load hardware debug software and start it.  U-Boot does this
very well but we also need to load a data pack.  This data pack is big for
our flash but we can compress it.
My question is how can I uncompress two stand alone images before starting
one of them (the first one)?
Before I start changing the code to do this for us I though I'd ask incase
there is a way I have not been able to figure out yet.  I have tried using
mkimage and setting one to a Linux kernel image and the other one to a RAM
disk but the RAM disk is not decompressed before being relocated.

Regards,
Rod Boyce