[U-Boot-Users] uncompressing two gziped images

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Dec 11 23:50:11 CET 2002

In message <8D7C5F56B409554D9D46AC22195807F3061BCA at exchwenz01.dmcwave.co.nz> you wrote:

> My question is how can I uncompress two stand alone images before starting
> one of them (the first one)?

Currently there is no command available to do  this.  Actually,  ther
eis  very  little  support for the handling of the misc image types -
the only thing which is really supported is  what's  needed  to  boot
Linux with or without ramdisk images.

For example, you can use autoscr to execute the contents of a  script
images - but it will not handle a compressed script image (yet).

So all you can do is implement the required features,  and  send  the
patches.

> Before I start changing the code to do this for us I though I'd ask incase
> there is a way I have not been able to figure out yet.  I have tried using
> mkimage and setting one to a Linux kernel image and the other one to a RAM
> disk but the RAM disk is not decompressed before being relocated.

No, this won;t work. You have to add new code.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"You shouldn't make my toaster angry." - Household security explained
in "Johnny Quest"