[U-Boot-Users] Big ppcboot image

Chris Hallinan clh at net1plus.com
Fri Dec 13 15:56:54 CET 2002

The fact that PPCBoot is reporting incorrect sizes indicates that
your image is too big for the linker script (.lds file) object file
allocation and memory organization.  Your image is far too big.  You
would have to customize your .lds file and it isn't worth the
effort.  Another option might be this: burn your linux kernel image
into an unused portion of your flash at a known address, and have
your boot command do the "bootm" command at that address, such as
the following:

prog 0xffa00000 ppcboot-linux-image

and your boot command would be:

bootm 0xffa00000