[U-Boot-Users] Big ppcboot image

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Dec 13 16:05:38 CET 2002

In message <81A66F72DCACD511B0600002A551BFCB4E9CE4 at kuumex05.barco.com> you wrote:

> I am using ppcboot 2.0.0 and I placed the linux kernel in the ppcboot image
> ( included in an header file).

How did you do that? Did you simply concatenate the images  (probably
with some gap for proper alignment of the second image)?

> 120 kBytes. And something goes wrong at the end of the board_init_f just
> before the realocation (realocate_code) or in it.
> PPCBoot give me the following message "PPCBoot size -292044 > reserved
> (786432)"
>
> Some tips on what is going wrong.

This probably means that you editied the linker script  and  use  the
linker  to  integrate your image. Don't do that. Just concatenate the
binary images, or use a multifile image (for loading with PPCBoot).

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
By the way, ALL software projects are done by iterative  prototyping.
Some companies call their prototypes "releases", that's all.